Sunday, February 14, 2010

Tradeshows - I Love Them!

I love it when people tell me they're going to take that major step to do a trade show :)  A tradeshow is thought of as a step up from a craft show, in that it's a major event in a city, that get a lot of press, thousands of visitors and lasts at least 3 days.

A tradeshow can give your business mass exposure, with someone else promoting your business through their marketing and media exposure of the event.  But are you ready?

My very first trade show was back in 2004.  It was a small business tradeshow, where I was promoting my candywrapping products to other small businesses.  You know the business cards made out of minis and mintbooks.  I must say I did get a lot of clients through those 3 days.  However, the cost of a booth was around $3,000.00 for the 3days and adding in my cost for samples, driving to and from the event for 3 days and paying for other expenses, such as eating, I did not make a profit.

But, was making money and profit in those 3 days the goal?  No, it was exposure, future clients and getting those in the local business community to know my name and brand.

The next time I did a tradeshow was a Christmas theme.  I had learned from the first one that packaging and presentation were everything!  My booth was much more professional.  I had a banner, my products were presented as kits, there was extensive information provided onthe benefits of chocolate, professional brochures, coupons, invitations to complete for a draw and a visit to their home for their next big event.  I had a catalogue and I also took center stage to demonstrate how to create a candy cake and candy tree with my products.

The first time, I sat in my booth and simply chatted with the people wandering by.  The second time, I presented myself as a business and took a deep breathe and went out there to present my product to an audience that had never heard of candywrapping.

The season of weddings is coming fast.  If you want to really take your business to the next level, then you need to take that step to make it happen.  Put yourself on the stage.  Take a deep breathe and make it happen.

If you need help, ask.  If you want advice on presentation, ask.  If you want it, you can get it, just ask.  You CAN do this and if you need my help, just ask.  You have decided you want a candywrapping business that is successful.  That is a major step and we can make that happen for you, just ask.

For those of you who want to take that step into the tradeshow world, you can do this!  You all have my tradeshow ebook, so you have the basic information.  But, if you want some help, I'm here and I know that any of you can be a great success and make it happen this year for your business!

Now, because I'm so adament about how a tradeshow can make a huge difference to your business, I am offering my assistance for everything from choosing the right tradeshow to how to set up and what you need to include in your booth.  The initial consultation if absolutely free, no strings attached.  Give me a shout if you want to take advantage of a free 1 hour, private consultation to you and your business ready for the wedding tradeshow of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment