Saturday, January 30, 2010

Are You Safe?

So, this morning I woke up to find that virtually everyone in my mailing list had been spammed by some hackers.

The email was from my terrijames40@hotmail.com and advertised some electronics.  I DO NOT sell electronics of any kind.  I only sell products I make myself (including the ebooks).  I do not refer people to other websites, unless it is a recommendation of something I have found useful, use myself and I will tell you that.  Also, you can be sure that the email is from me, cause I do put either my name or CJ's Graphics in the subject line and, of course, I always include a freebie wrapper or graphic.

The website is wedosale.com and a friend of mine who also knows how to hack discovered that their IP is from China.  DO NOT open this email, just delete it.  I have contact hotmail to let them know and if you have received this email, I encourage you to do the same.

This came as a reminder to me to change my password every-so-often.  I hadn't been online in 2 years and didn't change my password since coming back.  Lesson learned.  I encourage everyone to do the same.  Please, put it on your calendar to change your password at least everyone 60 to 90 days.  This will make it harder for anyone to do this sort of thing.

This was a shocking reminder to me to do that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment